Acrobatic Conundrum is seeking a Rigger/Stage Manager for our Fall Tour.
Initial rehearsals take place in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. (Attendance at Portland rehearsals is negotiable.) Tour travels in Western and Southwestern US.
The ideal candidate will be able to fulfill both the role of Rigger and Stage Manager. We are looking for a mash-up of skills: someone who is a good communicator, organized, and professional; has a strong work ethic, and enthusiasm for contemporary circus and production work. We are a small company that works closely together and prioritizes conscientious behavior and good joke telling skills.
Not sure if you have the right experience, but know you have the rest? Interested but only available for part of the time commitment? Then please contact us with questions! We are very friendly!
Begin immediately; Can work remotely; ~ 5 hours per week
- Serve as main contact for Venue rigging and tech questions.
- Work with Venues to determine rigging plan.
- Determine needs to fulfill rigging plan (ie. schedule, materials etc) and work with AC Managing Director to fulfill needs.
August 25 - September 13; Portland, OR and Seattle, WA; ~4 hr rehearsals, 5 days a week.
- Provide basic Stage Management skills: Work with Director to create rehearsal schedule; Maintain show log; Manage rehearsal time; etc.
September 13 - November 5, possible extension to November 20.
Travel with company (transport and housing provided.)
- Work with venue crew to install and tear down rigging equipment.
- Prepare rigging equipment for each performance.
- Plan, supervise, and participate in rigging changes during performances.
- Perform safety evaluations on all rigging equipment on a weekly basis.
- Inventory and catalog all rigging equipment at the beginning and end of tour.
- Stage Manager:
- Run technical rehearsals.
- Build light cues with venue technician.
- Call light cues for show.
- Run sound for show.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Applications accepted immediately.