Acrobatic Conundrum, Seattle's premier contemporary circus arts company, creates ensemble-based performances that engage and amaze audiences.
- Co-founded in 2012 by Terry Crane
- Six full-length company productions: Love & Gravity, Volumes I & II, The Way Out, The Language of Chance, and Volume 3
- Appearances: Circus Now Expo 2016 at NYU’s Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, New York City’s SummerStage, the Chicago Contemporary Circus Festival, the Smithsonian Museum’s Renwick Gallery, the Vancouver CircusFest, TEDxRainier, and The Backstreet Festival in Alexandria, Egypt.
- Awards, Grants & Supporting Organizations: Seattle Office of Arts & Culture 2015 and 2011 CityArtist Projects Award; School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts (SANCA) Resident Company; Runner Up, Macklemore BomBom Music Video Project 2013
Current theatrical productions:
Love & Gravity, March 2016 - present
- Artistic Director Terry Crane
- Artistic collaboration with Jenn Cohen, founder of The Circus Project; Jaron Hollander, co-founder of Kinetic Arts Center; Elizabeth Klob, executive artist of UMO Ensemble; and Nicki Miller, co-founder and artistic director of Only Child Aerial Theater.
- Choreography by Katheryn Reed and Meredith Sallee
- Music by The Tres Pesos, made up of musicians Faith Stankevich, Amy Tung, and Laurie Miller.
• Terry Crane, Artistic Director and Co-founder
• Susie Williams, Managing Director
• Carey Cramer, Performer, aerial rope specialist
• Erica Rubinstein, Performer, partner acrobatics specialist
• Ty Vennewitz, Performer, clowning and Cyr wheel specialist
Company guest artists:
• Scotty Dont, Performer, aerial rope specialist
• Xochitl Sosa, Performer, trapeze specialist
Master Classes & Workshops:
From partner acrobatics and hand balancing to contortion and vertical rope, Acrobatic Conundrum company members are skilled in presenting a wide range of master classes, workshops and individualized instruction, such as Terry Crane’s master rope class - Facility with Abandon: Intermediate-Advanced Vertical Rope.
Related circus arts performance groups: Retro Verso (Terry Crane & Erica Rubinstein), Circus Syzygy (Terry Crane, et al.)